Thursday, September 4, 2008

Librarian

Week two of the new school year is about to come to an end, and I finally find the time/energy/will to live to write a new post. The start of any school year is always a bit of an adjustment. Summer is full of quiet days, popsicle breaks and a small, but reliable group of employees. Fall semester brings the return of students to campus, new employees to train, and a whole new group of people that assume I am a STUDENT.
Not only am I not a student, I am a librarian. Something that many people have trouble grasping. They either think of a librarian as...

Exhibit A: an old lady in horrid clothes telling everyone to Shhh

or they think of a librarian as...

Exhibit B: some sort of eyeglass and bun wearing girl who can't wait to get dirty in the stacks
I hate to disapoint, but...
Exhibit C: ME, is much closer to the mark. No glasses, no buns, no horrid clothes, no old lady (though I do have some grey hairs) and no shussing people (just mega-death glares when they annoy me).

Hope all of you starting a new school year are off to a good start. How many days until May???

























1 comment:

Emily Malone said...

i dont know ritz, the close up of exhibit C reveals a VEEEEERY sparkly sweater. could be worn by both a blind or saucy lady.

love those bangs though.

:)