Monday, September 22, 2008

Joy To...Me

A few recent developments that are making me very happy...

I am still on a post-20 mile-run high. Not only am I loving heading into 3 weeks of reduced mileage before the marathon, but I can finally drink Diet Coke without worrying about it's dehydrating affects.

Target is now carrying my favorite of favorite hair products, Bumble and Bumble. Seriously, this stuff is fabulous AND hard to find in Cincinnati. I actually made quite a scene of joyful shouting when I saw B&B in this Sunday's Target ad. Now, I'm not going to claim that this stuff isn't expensive, at $22 for a bottle of shampoo it is a drastic price hike over my usual $3 Garnier Fructis, but it is worth it. After years of Target shopping, will I finally cave and get the Target creddy to save 10% on my first B&B shopping binge?

So, I've got Diet Coke to keep me caffeinated, B&B to keep my locks shiny and bouncy, and...

Panera Chicken Noodle soup. I am addicted. I've got a habit and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I am even considering buying the "soup for a group" which serves 4 people. At $12 I think it's a pretty good deal for 4 dinners. What I am really looking for is a way to make my own version. But the secret is in those delicious chicken soupy noodles. How do they make those? And is it something I am even capable of? If anyone out there knows a recipe even close to the Panera soup, please share!

I'm drinking d.c., slurping soup, staying in on Friday night to wash my hair, and I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Mary Ann* said...

Love DC, LOOOOVE B&B (does Target have that great product they sell to clean your hair without water???), and love that chicken noodes. I will be on the lookout for a recipe, but I think the noodles are homemade or something. When my store opened, we had the "Soup for a Group" -- like 8 boxes or something. It was delish. Miss you lady!!

Jen Lilley said...

This is so random, but I was getting my hair done for a wedding on Saturday at Mitchells and noticed that they ONLY use BB Products...so I said, I heard they sell Bb at Target now! whoa, wrong thing to say. Those girls were ROWDY about it...telling me about how Target bought it off the "black market" and they are getting sued, and Mitchell's is the only one in the area licensed to sell it, etc. They said once they sell what they have they are now allowed to sell anymore. We'll have to keep our eyes open to see if this is actually true or not!...