Sunday, August 24, 2008

marathonipod

The marathonipod has seen me through some pretty tough hills
and some very lonely miles. When I have to run without
either having Emily by my side or with Em by my side, but both of us without the lung capacity to both run and talk, I turn to my marathonipod. This little purple number has seen me through some of my toughest moments. During training for marathon #1 there was a lot of speculation about ipods not being allowed in marathons and even leading to runners' disqualification. Luckily the Pig (and I am hoping Chicago) have not enforced this rule. There have been many a rough moment when a simple verse of "Stronger" from Kayne has pushed me up a hill. During training I try not to rely too heavily on my ipod as running motivation, but it is still a much welcome boost during the most painful of running times. The only drawback is in that month 9 of consecutive marathon training I am getting a little tired of the old song standbys. So I decided to go with a drastic approach. A playlist of only 11 songs, but all almost brand-new and really quality stuff.
The current list:
1. Chris Brown- Forever
2. Danity Cane- Damaged
3. Dierks Bentley- Sweet and Wild
4. Estelle (w/Kayne)- American Boy
5. Jason Mraz- I'm Yours
6. JoDee Messina- I'm Done
7. Jordin Sparks- One Step At A Time
8. Kayne- Stronger (old, but still AMAZING)
9. Miley Cyrus- 7 Things
10. Pink- Long Way To Happy
11. The Pussycat Dolls- When I Grow Up
I am loving the new list as it had a VERY large part in getting me through 18 miles on Saturday morning. Thanks to a fabulous JoDee concert on Saturday night with Katie (see tiny picture above) I now know about JD's most recent single, "I'm Done." The concert was amazing, the single is amazing and I cannot wait for the new JD cd to arrive (too bad it will be after the marathon). Any suggestions for the new and improved "short list" are appreciated!


2 comments:

Mary Ann* said...

Whoa whoa, I thought I was *behind* on the country scene. I have known about "I'm Done" for months! Love that you have it, though. Loooooooooove PCD. Great choices.

Mary Ann* said...

Linds, check out the new Katy Perry single, "Hot N Cold". Love love love.