Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's On My Mind...

Cake. Chocolate cake. I want some. NOW.
I may be a piggy, but at least I have standards. This particular craving is for Busken's fudge cake. Just hoping I am strong enough to not let the POS steer herself into the Busken parking lot on my way home from work. Though maybe it could help motivate me for tonight's 3 miler. A 3 mile run to Busken's for a choc-fudge and then a leizurely stroll home with a cakebox snug in my arms?

This is the problem with tapering. Too much time on my hands. Time I used to spend dreading the long run ahead, is now spent drooling over yummy treats. 16 weeks of running my socks off, building up my metabolism so I can indulge in guilt-free treats, but now I'm not running enough to justify the treats, but my body has been conditioned to crave them. Oh, the horrible irony of it all.

The marathon is just 11 days away. Maybe I can resist the chocolate urge until then, when I will have actually earned it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You are KILLING me...I have been thinking about the Busken's Fudge cake...there is NOTHING like it in all of the world.

And, by the way I have read THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE...I didn't read it in the traditional sense...I couldn't get into it either, but I read most of it and got the gist. It is my philosophy that sometimes you can read a book well enough to recommend or not recommend it, that doesn't mean reading it cover to cover. And, despite me not reading it word for word, I did enjoy it.

I will be picking up BEACH HOUSE next!

Best of luck on the Marathon!
T

Tracy said...

Also, my husband added if you want to bulk up on carbs in Chicago, have a couple Ann Sather's Cinnamon rolls...oh my gosh this is making me hungry!
T